Thursday, January 3, 2013

HO HO HO

How is Christmas already over?  I know everybody is saying that, but what am I supposed to look forward to now?  MLK Jr. Day?  I suppose fighting a need for sugar and sleeping in by blogging will have to suffice.

We spent Christmas at my parents this year and enjoyed all of the typical traditions.  Matt claimed that fondue dinner on Christmas Eve is the "one meal a year he really allows himself to gorge on."  Ha ha Matt, very funny.  I saw right through it.


Matt volunteered to be the narrator for the nativity play when my mom didn't take his offering to be baby Jesus seriously.  He kept on clarifying that he'd take off his shirt for the production - shockingly we stuck to plan and used Liv's cabbage patch doll for Jesus.





 A few years ago Ashleigh, Jeff and I added the tradition of getting soda from whatever gas station was open and decorating sugar cookies.  It took my mom a few years to come around to this idea but Ashleigh and I are determined to keep it around.  It's probably my favorite part of Christmas Eve.


Luckily for us, all of Ashleigh's kids require a lot of sleep so Christmas morning didn't happen until 8:30am.  I'll take that, thank you!  

This year my mom got really clever in her attempts to give us cash for Christmas.  Matt got his inside of 6 balloons, I got mine folded up inside a box of chocolates and Ansen got his inside of a tin of Pringles.  Obviously, I was dying laughing.

 


 


Our traditional breakfast was rushed when Jeff called a bit early from Spain, but it was by far the best part of the day. He'll be home before next Christmas!


Unfortunately, lonely boy bought himself a new Nintendo game for Christmas - so this became  a familiar sight.  


 And of course, the obligatory family Christmas photo.




No comments:

Post a Comment