Thursday, January 3, 2013

Giving Thanks

Matt and I hosted Paul and Grace for Thanksgiving this year.  We accomplished the unthinkable - we put Thanksgiving dinner on the table, on time, without any catastrophic kitchen events (with the exception of my pretzel jello not setting up) and kept our cool all at the same time.  I even went running that morning while Matt played in a turkey bowl.  We truly outdid ourselves this year.

True to form, I apparently shelved my camera all weekend except for the photo Paul requested of Matt and I for their family Christmas card.

Without photos, we can still highlight some of our favorite memories of the weekend:
Eating at our favorite restaurants, The Pie, Asian Star, Zupas, & Tsunami.
Bowling, playing Mario Kart, and lounging.
And of course, the evening that got Paul laughing to tears....game night!

In Apples to Apples, Grace played Discovering America as "casual" and Anne Frank as "Lucky", and Paul kept on making a joke (that unfortunately I can't remember) that honestly made him cry he was laughing so hard.

Pictures or no pictures, we had a great weekend and love when Matt's family comes to visit!


No comments:

Post a Comment