Monday, July 9, 2012

Heros

Last week Matt and I were driving home and noticed a dog wandering around the neighborhood.  We assumed it was our neighbor Reed's and Matt decided to walk it over to him.  Through a strange series of events that included listening to (and believing) a 6 year old, driving to the Jordan River Parkway  (where I thought I saw a sign for the same missing dog earlier that week) and walking both dogs a few miles, browsing (and calling a few people getting their hopes up) of KSL ads for lost dogs and missing the bachelorette, we deemed it a sleepover and set up camp for Karl (yes we named him) for the night.

Susan and Karl fought over food and attention for a bit before we finally went to bed.  At 3am Karl was upstairs in the bathroom going crazy and scratching and Susan was downstairs in her crate going even more crazy.  I even "had to" sleep through my morning run because I slept so poorly and I wasn't quite sure how the whole scenario of leaving one (cranky) dog at home was going to work out.

Fortunately Matt posted an ad on KSL and the owners came and picked up Karl shortly after I left for work that morning.

For our typically uneventful lives, this was big.  I mean, I even missed the bachelorette for little Karl.


No comments:

Post a Comment