Monday, April 8, 2013

Cheers to my Birthday Boy!

I’m engaging in a 5-10 year project of teaching Matt to enjoy his birthday.  He has this weird thing where he claims to not like it, but then no matter what you do to try to celebrate it somehow it’s not right.  It’s probably the only time I’d ever truly call Matt high maintenance.  I’m five years into the project, and by the sounds of it, I probably have a few to go….

This year Matt was lucky enough to have a Tuesday birthday (which are the worst, only next to Wednesday) because you can’t really take advantage of any weekend time to celebrate.  Of course we made up for this by turning his birthday into a week-long event, starting with a birthday dinner on Saturday, some birthday meals in between, and finally ending with a family birthday celebration at my parent’s house the following Sunday.  (And he still pretends not to like his birthday)….

Even though I think Matt is pretty high maintenance about his birthday, I still adore him and I’m so glad he’s mine. 

 Just giving the new birthday gifts a test run.

 This was the closest to a birthday cake with 26 candles as he was getting. Luckily he didn't seem to notice.

This is what happens to Suz when she spends too much time at my parents house.  She has such a fun time that she never stops to nap. 

1 comment:

  1. How could Matt not like his birthday? In addition to all the other celebrations, his final one is a shared one with me, and now it will be shared with baby Tess, too!

    ReplyDelete