Monday, October 1, 2012

Ah, the northwest....

Matt and I started to get a little stir crazy since we usually vacation more during the summer so we decided to go to Seattle to visit our friends Blaine & Melissa who moved there last year for grad school.  Once we started talking about a visit to the northwest I knew we had to go to Portland because Matt has never been there they have the BEST doughnut shop in the world there.  Perfect.

 This is one of those things you're supposed to do, right? Eating fish and chips? 
 Before we devoured our carmel apple.
 Blaine and Matt at Gasworks Park
Part one of our waterfall tour. 
 Matt literally had to pull me away from eating all of the blackberries.
 This is a bad photo but Matt thought that paying $20 to go to the near top of a building and look outside was really cool.
 He even humored me by going to a rose garden in Portland.
 We spent a lot of time discussing the mechanics of the bridge behind us, so this photo had to be included.
We stopped at Multnomah Falls on the way home and ventured on the 2+ mile hike in Sperrys.  Not my smartest choice.
And how could I not make special tribute to VooDoo Doughnut?  If this box looks enormous, it's because it was.  And it was full, and it was delicious.  

I'm already ready to go back.

2 comments:

  1. 1. I have been on that exact hike and attempted to do it in flip flops. It was a lot longer and steeper than I expected. I think I ended up finishing it up barefoot. It was, of course, raining.
    2. Brock also likes to pay money to merely look at things. I like to waste money on things I can keep/eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisa, I'm so glad I saw a link to your blog on Dani's. You look great, and I loved reading about your guys' adventures in Seattle! That place is gold! :) Glad you're doing well, you guys make a cute couple.

    ReplyDelete