Sunday, September 23, 2012

Oktoberfest

I'm guilty for loving things marketed towards tourists/yuppies that aren't actually that cool.  Enter : Oktoberfest.

I usually throw out ideas for things like this and get shot down quickly from Matt so when he was just as anxious to go as I was, I knew we were in for a treat.

Upon entering the festival I instantly got carried away and convinced Matt to buy the expensive collectors-edition glass mug instead of a cheap disposable plastic cup.  I know, sometimes I surprise myself too.  After taking in the apparent German culture for a few minutes, we got in line to get some lunch.  While we were anxiously awaiting our $13 plate of chicken we noticed that everything being served was from Sysco, NOT GERMANY!!! At that point we had to laugh at what a sham it was - did we really think we were going to get imported German food, made from an authentic German?  No, we got Sysco food on a styrofoam plate served to us by a high school student wearing a white apron and baseball hat.  

Nostalgic or not, it was still a fun day.  But once again, we got suckered in.

 A self timer accident to prove how pretty it was.
And a sub-par photo of us blocking said pretty scenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment